Monday, May 23, 2011

Lazy Sunday, Uplifting Message


BYUtv - Inspiring Lives

Today was pretty uneventful. It was stake conference this weekend, and since Ian had to work today, I didn't even attempt to take the girls by myself! Aliya does pretty well with one hour of sacrament every week, but I think that's only because she knows that nursery is just around the corner :). Instead, I stayed at home and spent time with the girls, read Aliya's bible stories books, and watched BYUtv. I saw a special about the Berlin Candy Bomber (Col. Gail Halvorsen), and the message really uplifted my day. For those who may have never heard of "Operation Little Vittles," or "Uncle Wiggly Wings," I'm including a link to BYUtv's website, where you can watch the episode in full. It has to be one of the most inspiring WWII stories, and although I'd heard it briefly before, this particular show highlighted all the history and details and really made me realize the significance of this man's selfless acts and concern for his fellow man. It also reminded me of how blessed we are to enjoy the freedoms we do, and I think from now on whenever I chew a piece of gum or scarf down a candy bar, I'm going to take a moment and smell the wrapper before I toss it into the trash (watch the show--you'll see what I mean).

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and enjoy the holiday weekend. I think we're going to head up to Phoenix, try to go to the Mesa Temple, and hit one of the water parks before heading back. After that, it'll be time to pack up and prepare for the big move to Mobile. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment